Top Seven Questions To Ask Your Potential Colorado Springs Buyers Agent
Having a Buyers Agent represent you in the finding and purchase of your next Colorado Springs home is a very important decision. Please dont just hire the first agent you meet without asking them a few very important questions.
A good Buyers Agent should never shy away from answers, nor avoid any questions. A good Buyers Agent will be completely honest – even if it means that their answers will cause you to choose a different agent.
For your convenience, here is a list of the Top Seven Questions You Should ALWAYS ask a potential Buyers Agent:
1. How do you find houses that I may want to look at? (Do they have multiple sources? Or do they only rely on the MLS?)
2. How much notice do you need if I want to look at a home? (This gives you an idea of how busy they are. Too busy? This may not be a good match for you.)
3. How many clients are you actively working with? (Keep in mind that different agents have different capacities, but too many clients may be a sign that you will not get the attention you deserve.)
4. How long have you lived in this area? How long have you been doing real estate in this area? (These questions will give you a great idea of how well they really know the housing market in the areas that you are interested in.)
5. Would you represent me if I decide I want to buy a FSBO? (Some agents are bound by their company policies NOT to engage in the sale of a FSBO. Some agents refuse to just because they may not get paid. It is up to you to determine how you feel about their response.)
6. When I find a home that I want to buy, how much contact will you have with me throughout the contract process? How will you maintain contact? (Again, it is up to you to determine how you feel about these answers.)
7. Will you give me some of your commission back after close? (This is completely illegal. If they say that they would do this, then RUN … run far, far away! If they are willing to do something illegal right out of the gate, then what other shady things will they do that you may never know of?)