Colorado Springs Neighborhood Report ~ Deer Creek at Northgate
Deer Creek at Northgate is one of a handful of newer neighborhoods in Northgate – the northernmost part of Colorado Springs- just North of Interquest Parkway and east of Voyager Parkway. The southern border of Deer Creek is dotted with a few small office buildings and is not far from New life Church and the World Prayer Center.
To the North is Liberty Heights – a Senior Lifestyle Community, and the Southern edge of Trailridge. Deer Creek offers excellent views of Pikes Peak and the Rocky Mountains – as it is situated on a series of foothills. It is hard to find a home in this neighborhood without wonderful views. The eastern border is still open space – but is currently slated to be a residential neighborhood of the Flying Horse golf course community.
There are strict HOA’s keeping the neighborhood in pristine condition. Furthermore, the back yards are outlined with landscaping efforts – like trees and shrubbery, or with split rail fences, as privacy fences are not allowed.
The homes in Deer Creek were built between 2002 and 2006 by reputable local builders Classic Homes and Keller Homes. (Between the Deer Creek Neighborhood and Voyager Parkway, there are more new homes being built by Richmond American Homes. Although they are adjacent to Deer Creek – they are not the same neighborhood. That neighborhood is called Wildwood Ridge.)
Deer Creek at Northgate Real Estate:
Two stories and ranchers are the types of homes that you will find in Deer Creek. Homes have 4 – 6 bedrooms, 3-4 bathrooms and almost all homes come with a 3 car garage. In Deer Creek, home sizes range from a little over 3,000 total square feet to almost 4,200 s.f..
There are only about 6 streets of homes that make up Deer Creek – so, it is not a large neighborhood. Homes in Deer Creek sell for anywhere between the mid $300k’s -lower $400k’s, as of Fall 2008.
Children who live in Deer Creek attend Academy School District 20 schools.
- Elementary School: da Vinci Academy School of Arts and Ideas
- Middle School: Discovery Canyon Campus (6-8)
- High School: Discovery Canyon Campus (9-12)
- Less than 5 minutes to 2 campuses of the The Classical Academy
Deer Creek at Northgate is conveniently located …
- Close to major places of employment: USAA – Progressive – FedEx – Compassion International – Focus on the Family – United States Air Force Academy
- About 5 minutes from the United State Air Force Academy
- Close to I-25 with less than 45 minutes from Southern Denver and the Denver Tech Center
- About 5-10 minutes from Chapel Hills Mall and North Academy Blvd. shopping and entertainment
- Just down the street from Mary Kyer Park – playground and ball fields.
For more information on Deer Creek Crossing, or any other Colorado Springs Neighborhood, please contact the Wagner iTeam at Keller Williams Hope Realty: 719.434.7525