Colorado Springs Real Estate: Help for Homeowners Facing Foreclosure
Many homeowners in Colorado Springs may be facing a hike in their mortgage interest rate (or already have) and some of these homeowners (maybe you) may be unable to continue making mortgage payments and are now facing foreclosure.
Quite frankly, it is awful when you can no longer afford the home that you love.
Well, you are not alone. Thousands of homeowners are in the same position that you may be in right now, so there are now more options available to help you KEEP YOUR COLORADO SPRINGS HOME.
Here are some resources that you can look into that may be able to help, taken from the National Association of Realtors® Website:
Learn What You Can do to Protect Your Home
- If you feel like you may be in danger of facing foreclosure and need immediate help, call 888-995-HOPE or visit www.995hope.org. Homeowner’s HOPETM, a counseling service provided by the Homeownership Preservation Foundation, can work with you to find a solution.
- How to Avoid Foreclosures and Keep Your Home (PDF: 1.7Mb)
You’re not alone if you’re having trouble paying your mortgage. The housing boom led to a record homeownership rate of nearly 70 percent, but some home owners now face problems making their mortgage payments and can’t refinance their loans. This brochure will help you understand your options and give you tips on how to avoid losing your home–regardless of what kind of mortgage you have. Text-only version available (PDF: 71Kb)
- How to avoid foreclosures (HUD)
- Foreclosure Assistance Programs by State
- Help for Homeowners Facing the Loss of Their Home (HUD)
Credit Counseling is Available
- HUD Housing Counselors: A list of counseling agencies by state
- NeighborWorks® America: Find a NeighborWorks® counseling organization in your community
Under a partnership with NeighborWorks® America, NAR is a founding sponsor of the NeighborWorks® Center for Homeownership Education and Counseling (NCHEC). NCHEC’s mission is to work with industry partners to train, certify, and support home buyer educators and housing counselors nationwide.
If you are still unable afford your home, but want to avoid foreclosure, you have the option of selling your current Colorado Springs home and moving into a home that is more affordable. In fact, that is a very popular option for mant homeowners in Colorado Springs.
Quite a few of our current friends and clients are trading in their granite counter tops and 4,000+ square feet for a more manageable home and financial peace of mind and better QUALITY of life. So, you wont be alone.
If you want to discuss your options, you can give us a call. (719) 434-7525
Don’t worry. We want what is best for you – whether we are involved in your decision or not.