Colorado Springs Neighborhood Report: Live Oak Station and Oak Valley Ranch
Oak Valley and Oak Valley Ranch are Colorado Springs neighborhoods that are nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in the northernmost part of Colorado Springs School District 11. Wildlife is abundant in theses areas, and it is more common than not to see a herd of deer and multi-point buck roaming throughout many homeowners’ back yards and driveways. If you are lucky, you will also see the occasional fox or big-horned sheep wandering around. Just be careful for the mountain lions!
Oak Valley Area Information:
Oak Valley and Oak Valley Ranch Boundaries:
South: Allegheny Drive and Mountain Shadows neighborhood
West: The Rocky Mountains
North: Peregrine Neighborhood
East: Centennial Blvd.
These neighborhoods are:
- Just south of the United States Air Force Academy
- < 15 minutes from Downtown Colorado Springs
- Directly across Centennial Drive from Ute Valley Park, for all kinds of outdoor hiking and biking
- Close to the world famous Flying W Ranch
- Home of the popular Wilson Ranch outdoor water park
- Zip Code 80919
- Minutes from the historic Garden of the Gods park
- Adjacent to the Pikeview Quarry (NW Colorado Springs mining operation for limestone aggregate)
Oak Valley Ranch and Live Oak Station – Colorado Springs Real Estate:
Live Oak Station and Oak Valley Ranch started growing in the early 1980’s and finished building home in the mid 1990’s. Most homes in this Colorado Springs neighborhood have 3-5 bedrooms, 2-4 bathrooms , have a 2 car attached garage and range in size from 1,200 sf. To a little over 3,000 sf. Homes in Oak Valley and Oak Valley Ranch are one-level ranches, 2-story homes, tri-levels or bi-levels.
Here is some Colorado Springs real estate market data for Live Oak Station and Oak Valley Ranch as of Spring 2013:
Active homes for sale in Live Oak Station and Oak Valley Ranch:
- There are currently 10 single family homes for sale in Oak Valley neighborhoods.
- Price Range: $170,000 – $324,900
- Average Asking Price: $251,354
- Median Asking Price: $257,000
Under Contract/ Pending Homes in the Live Oak Station and Oak Valley Neighborhoods: 2 Homes
Sold Homes in Live Oak Station and Oak Valley Ranch (Jan-Dec 2012):
- 30 homes sold in the Oak Valley neighborhoods in 2012
- Average Sale Price: $222,802
- Median Sale Price: $221,750 (Prices ranged from $116k – 328k)
- Average List Price/Sale Price Ratio: 97%
- Average Days on Market (DOM): 40 days
If you are looking for a neighborhood in Colorado Springs that offers a true taste of Rocky Mountain foothill living, Live Oak Station or Oak Valley Ranch may be the neighborhood for you. The housing market in Oak Valley and Oak Valley Ranch are always rather consistent, as you can’t really get closer to the mountains and live in a traditional Colorado Springs neighborhood than you can here. The well priced homes are selling in record time and are getting multiple offers – even in today’s shifting real estate market.