Colorado Springs Neighborhood Report ~ Peregrine
Peregrine is an upscale, newer Colorado Springs neighborhood in the northwest part of town that offers new and newer single family homes from both production and custom builders.
- South: Rockrimmon Neighborhood
- East: Woodmen Valley Neighborhood
- West: Pike National Forest (Rocky Mountains)
- North: United States Air Force Academy
Peregrine is named after the Peregrine Falcon (native bird of prey to this region) and is a beautiful, very popular, high end Colorado Springs neighborhood located in Academy School district 20. Peregrine offers a wide range of luxury living real estate options and is nestled in the northwest corner of Colorado Springs in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. You will find wildlife at every turn; whether it is a herd of buck wandering in the open spaces, a fox skittering across the road or the native Peregrine falcon soaring overhead you will know immediately that you are in the beautiful Colorado Springs Rocky Mountains.
This Colorado Springs neighborhood is:
- Close to hiking and biking trails of Mount Blodgett, Ute Valley Park and Garden of the Gods Park.
- Home to the Sisters of Saint Francis, Saint Joseph Province
- Minutes from the south gates of the United States Air Force Academy
- Less than 10 minutes from Chapel Hills Mall and the shopping and entertainment on North Academy Blvd.
- About 5 minutes from I-25, with quick access to both Denver Tech Center (N) or Downtown Colorado Springs (S).
- A straight shot down Centennial/Woodmen to Old Colorado City, Manitou Springs and Highway 24 that will take you into the mountains and up into ski country.
Peregrine Neighborhoods Include:
Peregrine – Colorado Springs Real Estate:
Peregrine started growing in the mid-1990’s and you can still find some custom lots for sale today as well as new villas for sale in La Belleza. Most homes in this Colorado Springs neighborhood have 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a 3 car garage and about 3,700 square feet (2,741 sf-5,454sf), and these homes are either 2 story floor plans or one-story ranch plans.
Here is some Colorado Springs real estate market data for Peregrine as of February 2008:
- Active homes for sale in Peregrine:
- There are currently 29 single family homes for sale in Peregrine.
- Price Range: $369,900 – $1,170,000
- Average Asking Price: $639,091
- Median Asking Price: $599,900
- Under Contract/ Pending Homes in Peregrine: 2 Homes
- Sold Homes in Peregrine (since August 2007):
- 27 homes sold in Peregrine since August 2007
- Average Sale Price: $497,663
- Median Sale Price: $440,000 (Prices ranged from $349,900 – $837,500)
- Average List Price/Sale Price Ratio: 96.8%
- Average Days on Market (DOM): 125 (DOM ranged from 13-400 days.)
Homes in Upper Peregrine are fully custom built and sit on spectacular lots with spanning views of both northern Colorado Springs and the Rocky Mountains and homes for sale in Upper Peregrine start in the mid $500k’s and peak at over $1 Million. Homes in Lower Peregrine are situated in more traditional neighborhood layouts and homes for sale in Lower Peregrine range from the mid $300k’s to about $500k.
If you are looking for an upscale neighborhood in northwest Colorado Springs, Peregrine may be the neighborhood for you. The housing market in this Colorado Springs neighborhood is a little slower than other areas. But this is partially due to the fact that homes in Peregrine are priced at, on average, over twice the Colorado Springs average and there are fewer home buyers in that price range. However, properly priced homes are still selling under the 6 month mark, regardless of the current market.
Current Homes for Sale in Peregrine
We're sorry, but there’s nothing to display here; MLS data service is not activated for this account.