How To Maximize Those Awkward Spaces In Your Downtown Colorado Springs Home
In almost every Colorado Springs home, there are awkward spaces that are difficult to utilize.
Especially in older houses, there are rooms, closets and nooks that once had a purpose that is now outdated.
So before you try to cover it up or fill it with junk, take a look at the smart solutions below to see how you can revitalize those problematic spaces and turn them into something useful.
The Space Under The Stairs
- While this is likely to be more of a hiding spot for dust-bunnies than teenage wizards, it is valuable space that you don’t have to board up. Use it for storage!
- Create custom storage cabinets, or if it’s near the kitchen, build in a wine refrigerator or display shelves for china.
- You could also build in a coat or shoe closet if the stairs are in the front entryway.
The Bedroom Too Small For A Bed
You might have an office that sometimes needs to be used as a bedroom or a bedroom that could fit a bed and nothing else. If these issues strike a chord, then you might want to invest in a Murphy bed. These space-saving inventions allow you to use a small space for another purpose during the day, and then miraculously have a place to sleep at night.
The Unused Closet
- Especially in an older home, you’ll run across closets that just don’t make sense. If you don’t need it for storage, then turn it into something creative, such as a small library or toy room.
- Take off the door, add adjustable shelves, build a comfortable cushioned bench and install attractive lighting. Now you and your family can curl up for story time in your new book nook.
- Or put in a desk or countertop, an office chair and table lamp and use it as an office nook that can be closed off when you’re not using it.
Don’t write off awkward spaces in your home as lost causes. With a little ingenuity, hard work and smart design, you can create a useful area that everyone in your family can use and enjoy.
Current Homes for Sale in Downtown Colorado Springs:
$239,000 : 1322 Glen Avenue, Colorado Springs3 beds, 2 bathsListed with RE/MAX Properties, Inc.
$279,000 : 2504 Wood Avenue, Colorado Springs3 beds, 3 bathsListed with The Platinum Group
$325,000 : 2106 N Tejon Street, Colorado Springs3 beds, 2 bathsListed with ERA Shields Real Estate
$199,900 : 2709 Beacon Street, Colorado Springs3 beds, 2 bathsListed with 8Z Real Estate, LLC
$300,000 : 1020 N Foote Avenue, Colorado Springs3 beds, 2 bathsListed with Walston Group Real Estate, Inc
See all Downtown Colorado Springs.
(all data current as of 5/27/2015)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.