The Wagner iTeam Real Estate - (719) 434-8346
It’s getting close to that time of year again — time to have a garage sale at your home!
Here are a few tips to help you have your most successful garage sale ever.
Advertise Your Sale In Local Newspapers And Online
- Many of the habitual Saturday morning garage sale patrons around Colorado Springs use the paper to plan their treasure hunts.
- They do this to make sure they hit all of the sales in certain neighborhoods.
- In the ad, mention your home address, date and time of your garage sale and any big or popular items you’ll be selling.
Open Your Sale Early
- It’s best to open early, such as around seven in the morning a sales tend to taper off in the afternoon.
- Don’t disappoint early shoppers who are typically your best buyers.
- They have a busy schedule and a lot of stops to hit.
- Open on time or even a few minutes before the time you advertised.
Make Plenty Of Signs To Guide Customers In
- If your yard is difficult to see or is not on a main road, be sure to post signs pointing the way.
- If allowed, attach a few balloons to it which will catch the attention of passing motorists.
Have Everything Labeled With Reasonable Prices
- You’ll get some customers who try to haggle, but for most customers, not knowing the prices is a quick way to have them moving on to another sale.
- Keep in mind that these shoppers are looking for a bargain and price accordingly.
- You can individually label each item, or use an easily readable color-coded chart.
- For instance, a blue sticker means 25 cents, red stickers mean 50 cents and yellow stickers mean $1.
Offer Specials At Different Points During The Garage Sale
- You can offer a 2-for-1 sale or a twenty percent off special.
- At the end of the day, you may want to have an unadvertised special such as fill a bag for $1 to get rid of as much as possible.
- It’s always a good idea to have a “free box” for items that are already low-priced and don’t move during the first half of the sale.
- Make your life easier and do something for others by donating any items that don’t sell.
- If you plan carefully, you can schedule a pick up by your local charitable organization at the end of your garage sale.
Garage sales are a great way to get the clutter and unused collection of items out of your house while recycling them at the same time.
Using these tips, you’re well on your way to having your best garage sale ever.